Barley Corn Salad
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 12 min
- Stand Time 25 min
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 carrot, crushed
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice*
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 3 cups shredded fresh spinach leaves (about 4-1/2 ounces)
- 4 ounces feta cheese [or blue cheese], crumbled (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook barley, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until golden brown. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes or until barley is tender. Remove from heat and let stand covered 5 minutes. Turn barley into large bowl and let stand, stirring occasionally, until cool. Stir in carrots, cucumber and corn.
- Blend lemon juice, oregano and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in small bowl; stir into barley mixture. To serve, arrange spinach on serving platter; top with barley salad, then sprinkle with cheese.
Also terrific with Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix or Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Golden Onion Soup Mix.
FOOD NOTE: One large lemon will yield about 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|