Easy Weeknight Chicken Cacciatore
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 40 min
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 whole chicken (about 2-1/2 to 3 lbs.), cut into serving pieces*
- 1 package (10 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dry red wine [or water]
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- Heat olive oil in large saucepot over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked noodles or rice.
*SUBSTITUTION: 8 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
SLOW COOKER METHOD: Add mushrooms in slow cooker, then chicken. Combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix, tomatoes, wine and basil; pour over chicken. Cook covered on HIGH 4 to 6 hours or LOW 8 hours. Serve as above.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Pe rServing||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|