Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 2 lbs. assorted fresh vegetables*
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- 4 (8-in.) pita breads, warmed
- 4 ounces crumbled Montrachet cheese [or shredded mozzarella cheese]
- In large bowl, combine vegetables. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with oil, vinegar and basil, tossing until evenly coated.
- Grill or broil vegetables until tender. To serve, cut 1-inch strip off each pita. Fill with vegetables and sprinkle with cheese. Garnish, if desired, with shredded lettuce and sliced tomato.
*Use any of the following, sliced: red, green or yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini or eggplant.
Also terrific with Lipton ® Recipe Secrets ® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix or Lipton ® Recipe Secrets ® Golden Onion Soup Mix.
TIP: If the rack on your grill is too wide for sliced vegetables, try using a grill screen. They're available in the housewares section of department stores or hardware stores.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|