Harvest Pot Roast with Sweet Potatoes
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 150 min
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground ginger (optional)
- 3 lbs. boneless pot roast (rump, chuck or round)
- 4 large sweet potatoespeeled, if desired, and cut in large chunks
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°. Combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix, water, soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger in Dutch oven or 5-quart heavy oven-proof saucepot; add roast.
- Bake covered 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Add potatoes and bake covered an additional 45 minutes or until beef and potatoes are tender.
- Remove roast and potatoes to serving platter and keep warm; reserve juices.
- Blend water with flour in small cup with wire whisk. Add flour mixture to reserved juices in Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Serve with roast and potatoes.
SLOW COOKER METHOD: In slow cooker, add potatoes, then roast. Combine Soup Mix, water, soy sauce, sugar and ginger; pour over roast. Cook covered on Low 8 to 10 hours or High 4 to 6 hours or until roast is tender. Remove roast and potatoes to serving platter. Blend remaining water with flour and stir into juices in slow cooker. Cook covered on High 15 minutes or until thickened.
Photo Copyright 2006 Publications International, Ltd. Used with permission.
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|