Hearty Beef Barley Stew
- Recipe serves: 8
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 360 min
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 package (10 oz.) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. ea.) beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Layer carrots, mushrooms and beef in slow cooker. Combine Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix, broth, tomatoes, water and barley; pour over beef.
- Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir in peas and cook covered 5 minutes or until heated through. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper.
Stovetop directions: Brown beef in 1 Tbsp. olive oil in large saucepot over medium-high heat; stir in remaining ingredients except peas. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered stirring occasionally, 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Stir in peas. Cook 5 minutes or until heated through. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper.
Photo Copyright 2006 Publications International, Ltd. Used with permission.
Cost per recipe*: $14.75.
Cost per serving*: $1.84.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Pe rServing||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|