Home-Style Corn Cakes
- Makes 18 corn cakes
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 can (14.75 oz.) cream-style corn
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- In large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with buttermilk, egg, corn and roasted red peppers.
- In large nonstick skillet or on griddle, melt 1/2 teaspoon Spread over medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup batter for each corn cake and cook, turning once, 5 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove to serving platter and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter and additional Spread if needed. Serve, if desired, with sour cream and prepared salsa.
Also terrific with Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Golden Onion Soup Mix.
FOOD NOTE: Leftover corn cakes may be frozen. Reheat straight from the freezer in preheated 350° oven for 15 minutes.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Pe rServing||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|