- Recipe serves: 8
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 120 min
- 2 lbs. boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sliced carrot
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms [or canned sliced mushrooms]
- 1 package (8 oz.) egg noodles, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss beef with flour in 2-quart casserole, then bake uncovered 20 minutes. Stir in carrots, tomatoes, bay leaf and Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix blended with wine. Bake covered 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Add mushrooms and bake covered an additional 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf and serve with hot noodles.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Toss beef with flour; set aside. Combine tomatoes, bay leaf and Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix blended with wine in 2-quart casserole. Microwave covered at HIGH 7 minutes, stirring once. Add beef and carrots. Microwave covered at DEFROST, stirring occasionally, 1-1/4 hours. Add mushrooms and microwave covered at DEFROST 30 minutes or until beef is tender. Remove bay leaf. Let stand covered 5 minutes.
FREEZING/REHEATING DIRECTIONS: Bourguignonne can be baked, then frozen. Simply wrap covered casserole in heavy-duty aluminum foil; freeze. To reheat, unwrap and bake covered at 400°, stirring occasionally to separate beef and vegetables, 1 hour. OR, microwave at HIGH, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until heated through. Let stand covered 5 minutes.
Also terrific with Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix.
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|