- Recipe serves: 8
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 120 min
- 2 lbs. boneless beef chuck steak [or round steak], cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sliced carrots
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup dry red wine [or water]
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms [or canned sliced mushrooms]
- 1 package (8 oz.) medium egg noodles [or broad egg noodles], cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 425°. In 2-1/2-quart shallow casserole, toss beef with flour, then bake uncovered 20 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Add carrots, tomatoes and bay leaf, then Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with wine.
- Bake covered 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Stir in mushrooms and bake covered an additional 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Serve over hot noodles.
SLOW COOKER METHOD: In slow cooker, toss beef with flour. Add carrots, tomatoes, Lipton® Recipe Secrets ® Onion Soup Mix and wine. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or High 4 to 6 hours. Add mushrooms; cook covered on Low 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
Also terrific with Lipton® Recipe Secrets ® Beefy Onion Soup Mix or Lipton® Recipe Secrets ® Onion Mushroom Soup Mix.
Image copyright © 2006 Publications International, Ltd. Used by permission.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Pe rServing||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||210|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
|Vitamin A||80 %|