Hearty Slow Cooker Stew
- Recipe serves: 8
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 240 min
- 2 lbs. beef chuck steak [or round steak], cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sliced carrots
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms [or canned sliced mushrooms]
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup dry red wine [or water]
- In large bowl, toss beef with flour; set aside.
- In slow cooker, arrange carrots, then beef. Add tomatoes, mushrooms and Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix combined with wine.
- Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until beef is tender. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked noodles.
Also terrific with Lipton® Recipe Secrets ® Onion Soup Mix or Lipton® Recipe Secrets ® Onion Mushroom Soup Mix.
Image copyright © 2006 Publications International, Ltd. Used by permission.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Pe rServing||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|