- Makes 5 cups
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 lb. carrot, chopped
- 1 medium all-purpose potato (about 8 oz.), peeled and diced
- 1 piece (1-in.) fresh ginger [or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger ], peeled and sliced
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream [or light cream]
- In mediumj saucepan, melt Spread over medium heat and cook carrots, potato and ginger, covered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. In blender, puree soup in batches until smooth. Return pureed soup to saucepan and stir in cream; heat through. Sprinkle, if desired, with chopped chives or green onions.
Also terrific with Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Golden Onion Soup Mix.
FOOD NOTE: Make soup ahead, then freeze while still warm, leaving a little room at the top of the containers for expanding.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|