Garlic Steamed Mussels
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 3/4 cup dry white wine [or water]
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 dozen mussels, well scrubbed and beards removed
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- Crusty French or Italian bread
- Bring wine and water to a boil in Dutch oven or 6-quart saucepot over high heat. Add mussels; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 3 minutes or until mussels open. Remove mussels with slotted spoon to large bowl; discard any unopened shells.
- *Strain liquid from Dutch oven using strainer lined with cheesecloth, coffee filter or paper towels. Reserve enough liquid to equal 1-1/2 cups; rinse and wipe pot clean.
- BringLipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix, blended with reserved 1-1/2 cups liquid to a boil in same Dutch oven over high heat. Pour over mussels. Serve with bread.
FOOD NOTE: Purchase mussels with tightly closed shells or those that quickly close when tapped. Avoid those that sound hollow.
*Strain liquid to remove any grit.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Pe rServing||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|