Greek-style Pot Roast
- Recipe serves: 8
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 150 min
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 3 lbs. boneless pot roast (rump, chuck or round)
- 2 envelopes Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, drained, 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cut into lengthwise strips (about 4-in. x 1/2-in.)
- 2 large green peppers, cut into chunks
- Heat oil and brown beef in Dutch oven. Meanwhile, combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix, garlic, tomatoes, reserved liquid and lemon juice in small bowl; stir into Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer covered, turning beef occasionally, 2 hours or until beef is tender. Remove beef to serving platter and keep warm. Stir in eggplant and green peppers and simmer covered 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
*VARIATION: Substitute 3 pounds zucchini, cut lengthwise into wedges, for the eggplant.
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|