Souperior Meatloaf with Bell Peppers
- Recipe serves: 8
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 60 min
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs*
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped green and/or red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Shape into loaf in 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
*Substitution: Use 1-1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs or 5 slices fresh bread, cubed.
SLOW COOKER METHOD: Arrange meat loaf in slow cooker. Cook covered on LOW 6 to 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours. (HELPFUL HINT...Place meat loaf on a piece of cheesecloth, then on a rack to help hold meat loaf together while lifting in and out of slow cooker.)
Also terrific with Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix, Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Mushroom Soup Mix, Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix.
Cost per recipe*: $8.16
Cost per serving*: $1.02
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||170|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbs||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|