Open-Faced French Onion Soup Burgers
- Makes 8 burgers
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 25 min
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 4 large onions
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 slices Swiss cheese [or Gruyère cheese]
- 8 slices Italian bread, sliced diagonally 3/4-inch thick, toasted
- Melt Spread in 12-in. skillet over medium heat and cook onions, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix, ground beef and water; shape into 8 oval patties.
- Grill or broil burgers, turning once, 12 minutes or until done. Top each burger with caramelized onions and cheese and serve on bread.
Cost per recipe*: $14.86.
Cost per serving*: $1.85.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
See nutritional information for sodium and saturated fat content.
|Serving Size||1 burger||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Pe rServing||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 burger|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||200|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Carbs||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin D||0 %|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
|Vitamin A||8 %|