Southwestern Beef Stew
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 70 min
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin (optional)
- 1 can whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen cut okra [or green beans]
- 1 large red bell pepper [or green bell pepper], cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 frozen half ears corn-on-the-cob
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In large Dutch oven or heavy saucepot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat and brown 1/2 of the beef; remove and set aside. Repeat with remaining beef; remove and set aside.
- In same Dutch oven, heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat and cook chilies, garlic and cumin, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Return beef to Dutch oven. Stir in tomatoes and Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
- Stir in okra, red pepper and corn. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve, if desired, with crusty bread.
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|