Hearty Meatless Chili
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 45 min
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (16 oz.) chick peas or garbanzos [or garbanzo beans]
- 1 can (16 oz.) red kidney beansrinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) whole peeled tomatoesundrained and chopped
- 1 cup lentilsrinsed and drained
- 1 large rib celery
- 1 Tbsp. ground chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin (optional)
- 1 medium garlic
- In 4-quart saucepan or stockpot, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until lentils are almost tender. Remove cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, an additional 20 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed and lentils are tender. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked brown or white rice and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
NOTE: For spicier chili, add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
Also terrific with Lipton® Recipe Secrets ® Onion Mushroom Soup Mix.
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|