Country-Style Pot Roast
- Recipe serves: 8
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 160 min
- 3 lbs. boneless beef pot roast (rump, chuck or round)
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 lbs.)
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Brown roast in Dutch oven or 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, turning roast occasionally, 2 hours.
- Add vegetables and cook an additional 30 minutes or until vegetables and roast are tender; remove roast and vegetables.
- For gravy, blend remaining 1/2 cup water with flour; stir into Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
SLOW COOKER METHOD: Combine 2 ENVELOPES Soup Mix with 2 cups water. Arrange vegetables, then roast in slow cooker. Pour soup mixture over roast. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until roast is tender. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter. Blend remaining 1/2 cup water with flour and stir into juices in slow cooker. Cook covered on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened.
Also terrific with Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Mushroom Soup Mix or Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix.
Cost per recipe*: $13.36.
Cost per serving*: $1.67.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
See nutrition information for saturated fat content.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||100 %|
|Vitamin C||40 %|