Braised Beef Tenderloin
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Mushroom Soup Mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 large carrots, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef tenderloin, fat trimmed
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Bring Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Mushroom Soup Mix blended with water, celery, carrots, wine, salt, pepper and thyme to a boil in 6-quart Dutch oven or saucepot. Boil over high heat uncovered 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add beef.
2. Simmer covered, turning beef once, 25 minutes or until beef is done. Remove beef and thinly slice.
3. Serve sliced beef and broth mixture in shallow bowls over hot mashed potatoes.