Country Chicken & Vegetables
Country Chicken & Vegetables Recipe
- 1 whole chicken (2-1/2- to 3- lb.), cut into serving pieces
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes in puree
- 3 carrot, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 ribs celery, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Dip chicken in flour. Melt margarine in 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy saucepan over medium-high heat and brown chicken in two batches. Remove and set aside.
2. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with tomatoes, carrots and celery. Return chicken to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender. Skim sauce, if desired.