Country-Style Pot Roast
Country-Style Pot Roast Recipe
- 3 lbs. boneless beef pot roast (rump, chuck or round)
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 lbs.)
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
Calories from Fat
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Brown roast in Dutch oven or 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, turning roast occasionally, 2 hours.
2. Add vegetables and cook an additional 30 minutes or until vegetables and roast are tender; remove roast and vegetables.
3. For gravy, blend remaining 1/2 cup water with flour; stir into Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes.