Crunchy Cutlets with Corn Salsa
Crunchy Cutlets with Corn Salsa Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 green onions, sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen whole kernel corn, partially thawed
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Golden Onion Soup Mix
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water in small bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then cornmeal.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook 1/2 of the chicken, turning once, 4 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken to platter; keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken and 1 tablespoon oil. Wipe skillet with paper towels.
3. Heat remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium heat and cook green onions and red pepper 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in corn and Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Golden Onion Soup Mix blended with remaining 1 cup water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is thickened. Stir in cilantro. To serve, spoon corn salsa over chicken.