Hearty Lentil Stew
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 medium carrot, sliced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar or red wine vinegar (optional)
- Hot cooked couscous, brown rice or pasta
Calories from Fat
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Heat Olive Oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook carrots and celery, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
2. Add lentils and cook 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes.
3. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix blended with remaining 1 cup water. Simmer covered an additional 10 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in vinegar. Serve over hot couscous.