Oven-baked Bourguignonne Recipe
- 2 lbs. boneless beef chuck steak or round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sliced carrot
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or water
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms or canned sliced mushrooms
- 1 package (8 oz.) medium or broad egg noodles, cooked and drained
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Preheat oven to 400°. In 2-quart casserole, toss beef with flour, then bake uncovered 20 minutes. Add carrots, tomatoes and bay leaf, then Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with wine.
2. Bake covered 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Stir in mushrooms and bake covered an additional 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Serve over hot noodles.