Saucy Swedish Meatballs
Saucy Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. dried parsley or 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) beef broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix, ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup milk, egg and parsley in medium bowl. Shape into 24 meatballs.
2. Melt margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook meatballs, turning frequently, until done, about 12 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
3. Cook flour and allspice in same skillet, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 cup milk and broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Stir in meatballs. Sprinkle, if desired, with chopped fresh parsley and over hot cooked noodles.