Vegetable-Braised Turkey Breast
Vegetable-Braised Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrot, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) plum tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 whole turkey breast with bone (about 4-1/2-to 5-lbs.)
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Heat vegetable oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook celery and carrots, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes, crushing tomatoes with wooden spoon. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with water and thyme.
3. Arrange turkey, breast side up, in large roasting pan and pour vegetable mixture over and around turkey. Cover with aluminum foil and bake, basting once, 1 hour. Remove foil and continue baking, basting occasionally, 1 hour or until meat thermometer reaches 175°. Let stand loosely covered with aluminum foil 10 minutes. Serve with pan juices and vegetables.