Easy Weeknight Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 whole chicken (about 2-1/2 to 3 lbs.), cut into serving pieces*
- 1 package (10 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or water
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Heat olive oil in large saucepot over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked noodles or rice.