Garlic Steamed Mussels
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 dozen mussels, well scrubbed and beards removed
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- Crusty French or Italian bread
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Bring wine and water to a boil in Dutch oven or 6-quart saucepot over high heat. Add mussels; return to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 3 minutes or until mussels open. Remove mussels with slotted spoon to large bowl; discard any unopened shells.
3. *Strain liquid from Dutch oven using strainer lined with cheesecloth, coffee filter or paper towels. Reserve enough liquid to equal 1-1/2 cups; rinse and wipe pot clean.
4. BringLipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix, blended with reserved 1-1/2 cups liquid to a boil in same Dutch oven over high heat. Pour over mussels. Serve with bread.