Oniony Braised Short Ribs
Oniony Braised Short Ribs Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 lbs. beef chuck short ribs
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sherry (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Heat olive oil in 6-quart Dutch oven or saucepot over medium-high heat and brown short ribs in two batches. Return ribs to Dutch oven.
2. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix combined with 3-1/4 cups water, ketchup, sugar, sherry and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 2 hours or until ribs are tender.
3. Remove ribs to serving platter and keep warm. Add flour combined with 1/4 cup water and pepper into Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour sauce over ribs. Serve, if desired, with crusty bread.