Rancho Soup Recipe
- 1 lb. dried Great Northern beans or other dried white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 quarts water
- 2 envelopes Lipton® Soup Secrets® Noodle Soup Mix with Real Chicken Broth
- 4 ounces salt pork, chopped
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped (about 5 cups)*
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Place beans in large 4-quart heavy-duty stockpot; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and let stand covered 1 hour; drain.
2. Stir 3 quarts water and Lipton® Soup Secrets® Noodle Soup Mix with Real Chicken Broth into beans. Simmer covered 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender.
3. Meanwhile, cook salt pork, sausage and ham in 12-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in onion and garlic and cook until onion is almost tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add to soup mixture with bay leaf, salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Remove sausage; set aside.
4. Stir cabbage into soup mixture and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Slice sausage, then return to soup; heat through.