Stove-Top Barbecue Beef
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. boneless beef chuck, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 carrot, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce *
- 8 round rolls or hamburger buns
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven or heavy saucepot over medium-high heat and brown beef in two batches. Remove and set aside; reserve drippings.
2. Stir carrots, green pepper and chili powder into reserved drippings and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. .
3. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with water, tomato sauce, brown sugar and cider vinegar. Return beef to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 2-1/2 hours or until meat is very tender
4. Stir in hot pepper sauce. Using two forks, shred beef. Reheat meat mixture if necessary. Serve on rolls.