Bacon & Onion Turkey Burgers
Recipe created by Souffle Bombay Blog
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup fresh bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 1/3 lbs. ground turkey
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. In a small bowl, combine milk and bread pieces, set aside. In a small frying pan, sauté the garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes; remove from heat and stir in your packet of Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix. Stir until fully combined; add in your milk, bread mixture and mustard and stir until fully combined. Scrape into a bowl with your turkey. Add in 1 tablespoon of your bacon drippings (optional) and your chopped bacon. Mix until combined.
2. Form into 5 or 6 patties and place them on a tray and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes (or place in your freezer for 20 minutes).
3. When ready, light your oiled grill and when hot grill burgers for about 5 minutes a side. Serve burgers with your favorite toppings like lettuce and tomato. If you like cheese, add some slices of Pepper jack cheese and allow them to melt while grilling. If you like a sauce on your burgers – combine 3 TBS mayo, 1 ½ TBS pickle relish and 1 tsp mustard for a quick remoulade. Variations: Add in some minced jalapeno and sauté with the garlic or add in some of your favorite chopped herbs.