- 12 thin slices French bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. carrot, sliced
- 1 lb. fennel bulb, trimmed, halved, cored and sliced or 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 dozen littleneck clams
- 1 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb. cod or halibut filet (or toher firm white fish fillet), cut into 1-inch pieces
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. On broiler pan, arrange bread slices. Broil bread, turning once, 1-1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Rub one side of each bread slice with garlic; set aside.
2. In Dutch oven or 6-quart saucepot, heat oil over medium heat and cook carrots, fennel and onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil over high heat and continue boiling 1 minute. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix blended with water; return to a boil. Add clams; reduce heat to medium and cook covered 3 minutes or until clams begin to open. Add shrimp and fish; continue cooking covered 1 minute or until shrimp turn pink and fish flakes. (Discard any unopened clam shells.) Serve with garlic toast. Makes about 4 servings.