Double Down South Dip
Recipe created by Cook the Story Blog
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sausage crumbles (buy it fully cooked or brown & drain ½ lb. sausage meat)
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Hot sauce
- 8 ounces jarred diced pimientos, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley (optional)
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Mix in the sausage crumbles, Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix and the flour. Slowly stir in the milk. Continue to stir until the mixture bubbles and gets as thick as any good gravy should be, about 4-5 minutes.
2. Reduce the heat to low and add the cream cheese. Stir until its creaminess has melted into the dip. Add 4 drops of hot sauce and all but 1 teaspoon of the pimentos. Stir and then taste. If you like your Southern food to have some kick (and who doesn’t?) add a couple more drops of hot sauce.
3. Use a spatula to scoop every scrumptious drop of dip into a serving bowl. Top with the cheddar cheese, the reserved tablespoon of pimentos and the parsley (if using). Double down and dig in while it’s hot!