Hearty Beef Barley Stew
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 package (10 oz.) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. ea.) beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1 cup frozen green peas
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Layer carrots, mushrooms and beef in slow cooker. Combine Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix, broth, tomatoes, water and barley; pour over beef.
2. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until beef is tender.
3. Stir in peas and cook covered 5 minutes or until heated through. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper.