Savory Chicken ‘N Mushrooms
Savory Chicken ‘N Mushrooms Recipe
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 whole chicken (about 2-1/2 to 3 lbs.), cut into serving pieces
- 1 package (10 oz.) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or water
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves or thyme leaves, crushed
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Cook bacon in Dutch oven or 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside; reserve drippings.
2. Add chicken to reserved drippings and brown over medium-high heat. Remove chicken and set aside; reserve drippings.
3. Add mushrooms and garlic to reserved drippings and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 4 minutes. Return chicken and bacon to Dutch oven. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with water, wine and oregano. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 40 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve, if desired, with hot mashed potatoes.