Spinach Souffle Recipe
- 4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 ounces Jarlsberg cheese or Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 tsp. dried tarragon leaves, crushed (optional)
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Spray 1-quart souffle dish or round casserole with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese; set aside.
3. Melt margarine in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook flour, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with milk. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened. Beat egg yolks until smooth in small bowl. Gradually blend 1/2 cup hot milk mixture into yolks with wire whisk, then blend back into milk mixture. Let mixture cool slightly. Stir in Jarlsberg cheese, spinach, tarragon and remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
4. Beat egg whites in large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold beaten egg whites into spinach mixture. Pour into prepared dish and bake uncovered 30 minutes or until lightly browned and puffed.