Zesty Barley Stew
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 medium carrot, sliced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Heat vegetable oil in Dutch oven over medium heat and cook carrots, celery and onion, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until tender.
2. Stir in barley and Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix blended with water and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes.
3. Stir in corn and beans; cook additional 5 minutes or until barley is tender.