Home-Style Corn Cakes
Home-Style Corn Cakes Recipe
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 can (14.75 oz.) cream-style corn
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp. margarine
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. In large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with buttermilk, egg, corn and roasted red peppers.
2. In large nonstick skillet or on griddle, melt 1/2 teaspoon margarine over medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup batter for each corn cake and cook, turning once, 5 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove to serving platter and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter and additional Spread if needed. Serve, if desired, with sour cream and prepared salsa.