Down-Home Chicken Stew
Down-Home Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 whole chicken (3- to 3-1/2-lb), cut into serving pieces (with or without skin)
- 4 carrot, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apple juice
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Heat vegetable oil in Dutch oven or large saucepot over medium-high heat and brown chicken in 2 batches.
2. Return chicken to Dutch oven. Stir in carrots, celery, onion, potatoes and Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix blended with water and apple juice. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.