Loaded French Dip Burgers
Recipe created by Heather Likes Food Blog
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix, divided
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese or Swiss cheese
- 4 large slices crusty French bread
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. In a large nonstick skillet saute peppers and onion in a little bit of olive oil until soft and caramelized, about 10 to 15 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from pan, and set aside.
2. Heat 2 C of water and 2 tbsp of Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix until boiling; cook for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
3. Combine ground beef with 2 tbsp of soup mix, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce. Divide meat into 4 equal portions and form into patties. Brown patties in the same skillet used for the peppers and onions. Cook over medium-high heat until desired level of doneness and top with a slice of cheese.
4. For assembly: place burgers on toasted french bread and top with cooked peppers and onions. Serve with prepared onion soup for dipping.