Chinese-Style Spareribs Recipe
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 medium garlic, chopped
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Mushroom Soup Mix
- 1 can (16 oz.) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 5 lbs. spareribs country-style or baby back ribs
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Preheat oven to 375°; melt margarine in 12-inch saucepan over medium heat and cook garlic with Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Mushroom Soup Mix, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until garlic is golden. Stir in tomato, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and chili sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, arrange spareribs meaty side up in large broiler pan or aluminum lined baking pan. Bake 20 minutes. Brush spareribs generously with sauce. Continue baking, meaty side up, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce, 50 minutes or until spareribs are done.