Classic Beef Stew
Classic Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 lb. potatoes, cut into 1-1/2 in. pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
Amount Per 4 servings
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Cook bacon in large saucepan until crisp. Remove bacon and crumble; set aside. Brown steak in drippings over medium heat. Remove steak; set aside.
2. Stir onion and carrots into same saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and cook 30 seconds. Stir in wine, potatoes, water and Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Stir in steak and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until steak and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in green peas, heat through. Serve, if desired, over hot polenta or rice.