Onion Jalapeno Shmear Burger
Recipe created by High Heels & Grills Blog
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 8 hamburger buns
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Separate beef into 8 even balls. Sandwich each ball between two sheets of wax paper and place on a baking sheet. Lightly press to form patties into desired thickness.
2. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, and onion powder. Lift the wax paper and sprinkle both sides of meat with the salt mixture. Cover and let refrigerate for about an hour.
3. Preheat grill to 400°. Place the patties on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes each side. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine your Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix packet, cream cheese, and jalapeños.
4. Assemble your hamburger with the desired condiments and toppings, making sure to spread a generous amount of your cream cheese mixture on top of the hamburger patty. Serve on buns and enjoy!