Swedish Cocktail Meatballs
- 2 envelopes Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 3/4 tsp. allspice, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup whole berry cranberry sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix with beef, 1/2 tsp. allspice, egg and 1/3 cup cranberry sauce in large bowl, mixing well. Shape into 60 1-inch meatballs, about 1 heaping tablespoon each. Arrange meatballs on two lightly greased baking sheet pans. Bake 10 minutes, rotate pans and continue baking 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, bring water to boil in medium saucepan, stir in remaining envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix and remaining 1/4 tsp. allspice. Reduce heat to simmer 8 minutes, add remaining cranberry sauce. Stir together cream and flour and add a small amount of the hot soup to it, stirring well. Slowly add cream mixture into soup and cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until gravy is slightly thickened.
4. Toss hot meatballs in gravy. Serve on platter with extra gravy on side for dipping.